Friday, August 6, 2010

High Adventure (Part 1)

I have always been jealous of the boys in my ward who get to go on High Adventure. They always do super exciting things. Last weekend I got my chance to go do these fun things with the boys. After our previously planned trip to Havasupi got canceled, We got to hike Half Dome in Yosemite.The hike was over 16 miles total.
Along the way, we saw waterfalls,
400 foot cables,
and lots of wildlife (there were groundhogs living at the top of the dome, and bears at the base of the trail)!
But I finally made it to the top,
Every Young Woman made it to the top!!!! Aren't we amazing?!?!
Just to give you an idea of how hard and how high it was, this is the view from the top.
Don't look down!
The hike took us 12 hours total. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life, but it was worth every mile!

2 comments:

  1. 18 MILES!!!! You are amazing girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Sierra! I am so proud of your accomplishments. This is just one more of those great moments in your life.

    ReplyDelete